Essentials of health care management / Stephen M. Shortell, Arnold D. Kaluzny, and associates
Essentials of public health management / edited by L. Fleming Fallon, Jr., Eric J. Zgodzinski
Global health leadership and management / William H. Foege ... [et al.], editors
Leadership in public health / Molly Joel Coye, William H. Foege, William L. Roper
Leading change / John P. Kotter
Managing for success in health care / Tim Porter-O'Grady, Kathy Malloch
Public health for the 21st century : the prepared leader / Louis Rowitz
Public health leadership : putting principles into practice / Louis Rowitz
Use the WorldCat database to locate relevant books and e-books. Use the following search tips:
- To see only Lewis Library's books and e-books, check the box for "Limit Availability To: items in my library."
- Enter date limits, such as 2000-2011 (books are sometimes published with a copyright date of the next year).
- Contact the Reference Office (contact information below) if you would like assistance in searching this or any other library database.
- Collaboration: Search for "strategic alliances business" in the Subject Phrase field.
- Conflict Management: Search for "conflict management" in the Subject Phrase field.
- Facilitation: Search for "group facilitation" in the Subject Phrase field.
- Leadership: Search for "leadership" in the Subject field.
- Meeting Management: Search for "business meetings" in the Subject Phrase field.
- Team-building: Search for "teams in the workplace" in the Subject Phrase field. Note that "workplace" is one word here.
- The NetLibrary e-books are shared by libraries throughout the state of Texas, and are limited to one user at a time. If you try to open one and find that it is not available, just try again later or follow the "Request to be notified" link to get an e-mail alert when the book is available for your use.
- If you find a Lewis Library book that you want to examine or check out, search the Library Catalog to get its call number and current status. In WorldCat, you can do this automatically by following the link provided in the record for each title.
- You can use WorldCat to check the availability of books in other area libraries. First, uncheck the "items in my library" limit if you have it checked. Then, from the list of search results, select one of the "Libraries Worldwide" links. From there, you can link into the catalogs of most of the libraries to check current status. If you are interested in checking out books at other Texas libraries, request a free TexShare card at the Lewis Library Service Desk. For any titles not owned by Lewis Library, you can also use WorldCat to submit an interlibrary loan request. There is a base fee of $5 for this service, and books can take up to two weeks to arrive.
Academic Search Complete
A comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary database with more than 7,400 full-text periodicals, including more than 6,300 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to the full-text titles, Academic Search Complete offers indexing and abstracts for more than 11,500 journals and a total of more than 12,000 publications including monographs, reports, and conference proceedings. Content goes back as far as 1887, with the majority of full-text titles in .PDF format.
Business Source Complete
Comprehensive business database that provides indexing for more than 4,100 scholarly publications, of which more than 3,300 are available in full text, including Harvard Business Review. Additional full-text, non-journal content includes financial data, books, monographs, major reference works, conference proceedings, case studies, investment research reports, industry reports, market research reports, country reports, company profiles, SWOT analyses, and more. Includes searchable cited references for 1,300 journals and 40,000 author profiles.
Provides citations and links for journal articles, books, and websites. To get a focused set of results, try combining the exact phrase "public health" with other keywords. If you are on the UNTHSC network, you will see available links to "Full Text @ UNTHSC"; to see them outside the network, select UNTHSC in your "Scholar Preferences."
The largest index and abstract database devoted to peer-reviewed literature in the behavioral, social, psychological, and health sciences, containing 2.8 million citations and summaries. Also covers psychological aspects of related disciplines such as nursing, sociology, law, social work, and education. More than 1,800 journals are indexed, as well as selected book chapters, books, dissertations, and technical reports. More than 60,000 references are added annually through weekly updates. Current chapter and book coverage includes worldwide English-language material published from 1987-present. Produced by the American Psychological Association.
Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection
Provides 550 full-text publications, including more than 400 that are also indexed by PsycINFO. Almost all are peer-reviewed. This database covers subjects such as emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry and psychology, observational and experimental methods, mental processes, and anthropology. In addition to the full text, indexing and abstracts are provided for all journals in the collection, dating back to the 1940s.
A collection of white papers, reports, bibliographies, articles and podcasts.
Center for Health Leadership & Practice
A collection of CHL publications, as well as recommended readings and websites.
A collection of resources provided by the Leadership Development National Excellence Collaborative, sponsored by Turning Point and funded by The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. The Turning Point Program ended in 2006; the site is now managed by the National Public Health Leadership Development Network (NLN) at Saint Louis University.
Public Health Foundation
An extensive resource list for performance management and quality improvement in health organizations.
Public Health Institute
The PHI offers a variety of free publications, including research reports, policy briefs, case studies, and a newsletter. It is also a source for public health news and events.
Public Health Leadership Society
Both print and multimedia materials are available for download, including the Public Health Code of Ethics.
Quality Improvement Quick Guide
Provided by the Public Health Foundation to help public health practitioners determine which resources to use as they pursue QI initiatives within their organizations.
- Stop by LIB-222, on the main floor of the Library, between 8:00 A.M. and 5:00 P.M., Monday through Friday.
- Call us at 817-735-2070 or toll-free at 800-687-5302. We will try to help you over the phone, or you can schedule an appointment for an individual consultation with a librarian.
- Use the Ask a Librarian form. Librarians will respond during weekday hours, normally by the next day.
= access restricted to UNTHSC students, faculty, staff
= some full text
= searchable images
= video content
= audio content